- You can use the built-in installer. OR
Download the zip file and extract the contents. Upload the ‘recent-posts-slider’ folder to your plugins directory (wp-content/plugins/).
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Now go to Settings and then Recent Posts Slider to configure any options as desired.
To make the slider appear on your page
In order to display the recent posts slider, you have three options
- Simply place
<?php if (function_exists('rps_show')) echo rps_show(); ?>in your theme or use rps_show( $category_ids, $total_posts, $post_include_ids, $post_exclude_ids ) to have different slider on differet pages;
- Add the shortcode simply ‘[rps]’ or ‘[rps category_ids=”2,3″ total_posts=”2″ post_include_ids=”1″ post_exclude_ids=”2″]’.
- Using widget.
1. Width & height — Define as a numeric value according to your needs. Pro version will automatically set it for responsiveness.
2. Total Posts — Define as a numeric value to set the number of posts to be shown in slider.
3. Posts to include — If you want to show any specific posts in slider. Use this column & set the comma separated id’s of post you want to include. For example 1,2,3
4. Posts to exclude — If you want to exclude any specific posts in slider. Use this column & set the comma separated id’s of post you want to include. For example 1,2,3
5. Category IDs — If you want to show posts from any specific categories in slider use this field & use values like this 1,2,3,-4 (Use negative id to exclude)
Rest are pretty self explanatory. Any issues just connect with me.